Tina Fey says no to Mean Girls sequel
Tina Fey has shot down rumours that there could be a 'Mean Girls' sequel in the works and admits the closest they will get is if they reunite for a panel discussion about the film
Tina Fey has denied reports that there will be a 'Mean Girls' reunion movie.
The 43-year-old comedienne - who wrote the original film - has shot down rumours that there could be a sequel after it's star, Lindsay Lohan, last week revealed she'd been approached by Fey and added that there could be a 10th anniversary project in the works.
Fey told Access Hollywood: "[There's] definitely not a movie. It's just the anniversary is coming up, so everybody get your pink shirts. It's been 10 years. You can tell when you look at me it's been 10 years."
The former 'Saturday Night Live' star didn't completely rule out any kind of reunion for the cast - which included Lindsay, Rachel Adams, Amanda Seyfried and Lacey Chabert - but said there definitely isn't going to be a follow up to the catty high-school comedy.
She explained: "I said to her [Lindsay], 'Oh, I think someone may call us about doing some kind of reunion because next month is the tenth anniversary of the movie.' And so really... if everyone's around we might try to do some kind of like panel discussion.
"But it's not like - it's not another movie. At most it would be like a panel discussion with a plate of hot wings."