Movie 43 named Worst Picture at the Razzie Awards
- Bang Showbiz
- 3 March 2014
'Movie 43' won Worst Picture at the Razzie Awards while Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith took home three Razzies for 'After Earth'
'Movie 43' won Worst Picture at the 34th Annual Razzie Awards.
The comedy film which was directed by 12 people - including Peter Farrelly who co-produced - also picked up Worst Screenplay and Worst Director.
Will Smith and his son Jaden - who he has with wife Jada Pinkett Smith - took home three Razzies for 'After Earth'.
The 15-year-old actor won worst lead, while the 45-year-old star won Worst Supporting Actor and the pair were named Worst Screen Combo.
Worst Actress went to Tyler Perry who starred as Mabel 'Madea' Simmons in 'A Madea Christmas' and Worst Supporting Actress was given to reality star Kim Kardashian for her role in 'Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor'.
Disney's 'The Lone Ranger' starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer won Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel.
The film received negative reviews in the United States and was a commercial failure, grossing $260 million worldwide, against an estimated $225 million production budget.
However, it has been recognised for visual effects and makeup, and was nominated for Best Makeup and Hairstyling at the 86th Academy Awards.
Meanwhile, Adam Sandler's 'Grown Ups 2' didn't win anything despite leading the nominations with nine nods.
The complete list of award 'winners':
- Worst Picture - 'Movie 43'
- Worst Actor - Jaden Smith on 'After Earth'
- Worst Actress - Tyler Perry on 'A Madea Christmas'
- Worst Supporting Actor - Will Smith on 'After Earth'
- Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Kardashian on 'Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor'
- Worst Screen Combo - Jaden Smith and Will Smith on 'Planet Nepotism, After Earth'
- Worst prequel, remake, rip-off or sequel - 'The Lone Ranger'
- Worst Director - Multiple people who helmed 'Movie 43'
- Worst Screenplay - 'Movie 43'