Ant and Dec to launch show in the US
Ant and Dec could be set to take their hit show 'Saturday Night Takeaway' to the United States in a final attempt for TV success Stateside.
Ant and Dec are planning to take 'Saturday Night Takeaway' to the United States.
The presenting duo are TV favourites in Britain but have so far been unsuccessful in their attempts to launch a career in America, although they are now said to be in talks about launching the hit show over there.
Dec said: "There has been some interest from the States. We have had a couple of meetings over there about it. It could be called 'Saturday Night Take-Out'!"
The stars - full names Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly - failed to win over audiences when they took their series 'Wanna Bet' to the US in 2008 but have continued to win prizes for their on-screen chemistry in the UK.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "The boys are still the biggest names on TV here ... but they are very ambitious so they would love to go to America and have a hit."
The pair could follow in the footsteps of their former 'SMTV Live' co-host Cat Deeley - who has presented American dance contest 'So You Think You Can Dance' since 2006 - and they haven't given up on their dream yet.
Ant said previously: "We will probably try our luck in America again. It would need to be the right show. I think we've got one big push left."
It's been suggested that Ant and Dec will take 'Saturday Night Takeaway' to the US in 2015 after they've finished working on the upcoming series of 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!'.