Kasabian still waiting for Glastonbury call
- Bang Showbiz
- 7 January 2014
This article is from 2014.
Kasabian want to play this year's Glastonbury Festival but say they are yet to receive a phonecall
Kasabian want to play this year's Glastonbury Festival.
The rock band were annoyed after being snubbed last year and dream of headlining the event but say they are still waiting for a phone call from event boss Michael Eavis.
Speaking in the current issue of Q Magazine, frontman Tom Meighan said: "Roll the dice, mate. I've had no phone call yet so I can't say anything, but I love that festival."
So far, Arcade Fire have been confirmed as headliners, while Lily Allen will take to the stage and Manic Street Preachers have also stated their hopes of appearing.
Stanton Warriors and Korean singer Choi Go-eun have also been confirmed, while rumoured acts include Elbow, Dolly Parton, Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters and Daft Punk.
Kasabian - made up of frontman Tom, guitarist Serge Pizzorno, bassist Chris Edwards, guitarist Tim Carter and drummer Ian Matthews - last performed at Worthy Farm in Somerset in 2009 - before headliner Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on the Saturday night.
But after ten years in music, the band feel they are ready to take on a headline slot.
Tom told The Sun newspaper: "We're the ultimate, we're the headline band. But he [Michael] didn't call us, the b******.
"Glastonbury's on our 'to-do' list. All he's got to do is pick up the phone.
"We've got every f***ing right to headline Glastonbury 'cos we're good enough. It will happen."