Yvette Fielding: Ghost tricks made me step back from Most Haunted

Yvette Fielding

Yvette Fielding

Yvette Fielding has revealed spirits made her life hell by playing tricks on her in her home, so much so she had to take a step back from filming 'Most Haunted'.

Yvette Fielding almost quit 'Most Haunted' for good after being left a "nervous wreck" from ghosts playing tricks on her.

The 45-year-old paranormal investigator lost weight from anxiety after she was a victim of freak occurrences while filming the show, which included spirits moving all the chairs in her kitchen and scattering her children's clothes around her house.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I did consider stopping 'Most Haunted' because it was all a bit frightening.

"In the end I couldn't sleep. It affected me very badly, I was a bit of a nervous wreck ... I lost weight and thought, 'Hang on a minute, I need to take a step back.'

"We came down one morning and found all the kitchen chairs on the table in a pyramid. My children's clothes and the laundry were all over the floor, and all the chairs were turned upside down.

"It was a bit scary but it all stopped when we stopped filming 'Most Haunted'. When we started doing the show again, it all started back up."

Yvette also revealed one of her crew members were left scarred from a paranormal attack while filming 'Most Haunted'.

She added: "He had three huge massive cuts from the small of his back right up to his shoulder blade. He was thrown to the floor and covered in bruises ... we've got it all on camera.

"It's when crew members get hurt that you think to yourself, 'Oh my God, this is really not right.' "

As a result of the violent attacks, Yvette and her crew stopped filming the show until they got a priest on board.

She explained: "I went to the church and we got blessed, and now I refuse to do any sort of paranormal investigation without a priest ... you need to really know what you're doing ... and none of us really know what's out there.

"I still can't come up with any logical explanations, and I find it fascinating when you can't reach logical explanations. You think, 'I'm not going mad, this has happened.' "

Despite her concerns, Yvette won't have a priest with her on Halloween night tomorrow (31.10.13) when she films a live stream at one of the UK's most haunted locations to celebrate the return of drama-documentary 'Paranormal Witness'.

Tune in to the livestream from 8pm on Thursday 31st October at www.reallytv.co.uk and chat on Twitter using the hashtag #GhostsOnReally.

'Paranormal Witness' airs Thursdays at 9pm on Really.

1. Colin Smith17 Dec 2013, 6:26pm Report

If she hadn`t spent the entire series of MH baiting, swearing and disrespecting spirit in such a disgusting and shameful way, then she should expect payback.
Her and the rest of the MH team made a mockery of Paranormal Investigations and the thousands of active teams around the country who try very hard without the massive funding of a TV production company to prove the existence of ghosts. They have no idea of what the term professional means..

2. Robert Mulain15 Feb 2014, 6:29pm Report

I agree with the above.... YF hasn't a clue as to how spirits should be treated, abusive most of the time, demanding the impossible, challenging when she should be careful, sycophantic to those who don't deserve it, using inappropriate titles and forms of address.... then screaming and wetting her knickers on the rare occasions she actually gets a reaction!
Worse than that, her so-called 'team', which mostly seems to comprise relatives and idiot friends, spend most of their time filming themselves, running around, screaming, saying how scared they are and drowning out any possible phenomena they are supposed to be investigating with constant repetition of "did you hear that?".
As far as paranormal investigation of any kind is concerned they are worse than useless, and have made a mockery of the subject in the public eye, whilst no doubt accruing a small fortune for themselves. Apparently they also attempt to bully any critics with expensive lawyers and threats... which don't scare me. As a genuine psychic medium I have no fear, know what is what without any need for 'belief', and consider the Most Haunted team to be a sad joke at best, and a bunch of frauds through and through (ask Yvette why she always seems to have a pocketful of stones and marbles, Harry Price style?).
Their only aim is to make money I suspect, and they no longer even do it in a remotely entertaining way! Note the increasing turnover of 'psychics'....

3. Sharon Newman2 Apr 2014, 7:22am Report

playing around with Ouija boards has released evil spirits . I suggest stop dealing with evil spirits . You are only encouraging them .OUIJA BOARDS ARE TABOO

4. Shaun Underwood28 Apr 2014, 2:54pm Report

Well said.....Yeah one is very late with my post but I have only just found the link. I think from the 2nd series they start faking many things with regards to the paranormal. The location they investigated wanting to make as much cash from the events teams as it was OK! to do so. I know this because I used to do many investigations at a location called the Castle Keep, Newcastle upon Tyne. Started at £50 up to £100 and after MH had done the shows there the prices shot up to £350. That's nothing more than a paranormal joke. Sorry for all you sad paranormal arm chair ghost hunters that think of what MH did was real and the mockery and shame they made us all feel but making us REAL HARD WORKING INVESTIGATOR LOOK STUPID by the knocks, bag taps and stone throwing and scratching..I have done paranormal investigating for over two decades and NEVER once have I ever had a stone tossed at me by so called alleged ghosts like they did EVER BLOODY WEEK IN THE SHOW..Just does not happen that way..... So they knew there days were about numbered. Thanksfully its over now and dead. just hope there search for gullible audiences has gone for good. Its was a great idea at the start but they choosed to fake it rather than keep it real....Would you watch two hours of nothing....So with that said and done..I think they should have said for entertainment ONLY from day one...So called paranormal experts I GUESS NOT!!!!! I know NOT sorry ..Shaun Underwood

5. Kate Foley23 Jun 2014, 10:28am Report

Hey guys...spare a few minutes from ghost hunting to take some lessons in English and spelling! That said I am very interested in the comments you have made, because I too think there must be much fakery going on in MH. It has occurred to me that the fakery maybe done by someone without the knowledge of those on screen so that they actually get a bit of a scare, which would explain some of their fairly genuine looking startled reactions! In the earlier episodes I also remember Derek frequently going into a trance-like state complete with strange voices and so on. Then it just suddenly stopped, so they must have told him not to make such a fool of himself I guess. Have you watched The Rescue Mediums? That really is a bit OTT with special effects too, albeit in a different way! Well, happy hunting to all!

6. Kelly Barrymore7 Jul 2014, 9:37pm Report

I like m h but taps ghost hunters america is much better they go to a case to debunk what is reported maybe m h should do this too insted of useing mediums

7. Peter Searl5 Aug 2014, 12:32pm Report

When you do your shows on most haunted that you all scream like little girls, if you want to do these shows you have to deal with it or don't do these shows altogether. I like a reply on this.
Many thanks

8. Teresa May12 Aug 2014, 3:52pm Report

how are they getting away with this fakery you tube has them filmed faking it