Michael Le Vell fears for life after car attack
- Bang Showbiz
- 21 October 2013
Michael Le Vell has been left fearing for his life after vandals attacked his car on Saturday night (19.10.13) while he was just 200 yards away at his local pub
Michael Le Vell fears for his life after thugs attacked his car on Saturday night (19.10.13).
The 'Coronation Street' actor - who was recently cleared of 12 charges relating to sexual abuse of a minor - has slammed the "coward" who smashed a window in his Ford Puma motor while he was just 200 yards away at a pub near his home in Hale, Cheshire, north west England.
He said: "I'm innocent, so I should have no reason for people to threaten me.
"I have never hidden away and I won't start now -- this was the act of a coward."
Following the incident, the 48-year-old star called the police and has now employed a friend to act as his bodyguard and protect him 24 hours a day, but he insisted he will not let "faceless individuals" ruin his life.
He added to The Sun newspaper: "I'm not going to hide away.
"I have a right to live my life. I won't be intimidated or threatened by faceless individuals."
The attack on Michael's motor comes after he received several threats on social networking accounts.
A source close to the actor told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "What started with some hate mail over the internet has now turned into something far more sinister.
"When his car was smashed up he realised he had to go to police and report it.
"The idea someone could turn up to the place where he lives and cause damage like that has left him disturbed.
"After everything Michael has been through in the past few weeks this is the last thing he needs."
What's more, the incident comes after Michael - who recently put pen to paper on a new 'Corrie' deal to return to the show as mechanic Kevin Webster - was ditched from 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!', which he had been due to star on later this year.