Strictly Come Dancing set for contestant-judge clash?

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 28 September 2013
Natalie Gumede

Natalie Gumede

'Strictly Come Dancing' bosses are concerned the 15 celebrities competing on this year's contest could unite to defend each other from scathing attacks from the judging panel

'Strictly Come Dancing' bosses are fearing a clash between this year's contestants and the judging panel.

The 15 celebrities competing on the TV contest - including bookies favourite Natalie Gumede, who is leading after last night's (27.09.13) first live show with a score of 31 - have reportedly made a pact to stick up for each other and not just accept any attacks from Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Craig Revel Horwood and Darcey Bussell.

An insider told the Daily Star newspaper: "This lot are the feistiest bunch we've ever had.

"They've all grown very close backstage and have promise to stick up for each other."

However, it's not just the contestants defending each other from the judges - Tess Daly has blasted critics calling for her co-host Sir Bruce Forsyth to retire.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, she said: "For God's sake! Get a life and have some respect.

"The man is a legend. He is the consummate pro. He does a live show every Saturday night that most people 40 years young couldn't do."

Tess also dismissed claims the 85-year-old veteran struggled with the opening show earlier this month.

She added: "I was there, and with pre-recorded shows you have to do takes again to get it right.

"The dances, the opening, they were all filmed more than once and were nothing to do with Bruce. He was on stop 'smoking' form."

Comments

Post a comment