Charlotte Church rejects X Factor 'boring' claims
Charlotte Church's manager has rejected claims from an 'X Factor' insider who insisted she was snubbed by the show because she was too "boring"
This article is from 2013.
Charlotte Church's manager has blasted claims she was too "boring" for 'The X Factor'.
The 27-year-old singer previously told her Twitter followers she had snubbed an offer to appear on the TV singing contest, but a show source insisted she was actually turned down.
The insider told the Sunday Mirror newspaper: "She met producers at the beginning of the year but it was a very brief chat and they decided not to progress things.
"It was clear straightaway that she wasn't right. She was, quite frankly, boring and she was never high on the priority list as there were far bigger names producers were looking at."
However, Charlotte's manager Rhiannon Morgan-Bell has disputed this version of events, claiming the star and her team made the decision to reject the offer.
She said: "I find this quite surprising as I was at the meeting with Charlotte.
"The 'X Factor' team chatted with her in depth and said that they'd love her to be one of the judges. Charlotte agreed to get back to them as they were keen to move quickly.
"We later instructed Charlotte's TV agent to inform 'X Factor' she wasn't interested in working with them."
And the drama hasn't just been limited to the singer and TV bosses' battle of words - hopeful Louise Hall, 18, was feared dead when she was left unconscious following a crippling asthma attack after an argument with a rival during Boot Camp.
A source told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: "The argument got quite heated and there's no doubt it led to Louise passing out.
"The acts all put themselves under so much pressure to do well and it obviously proved too much for Louise.
"When it happened everyone panicked as they weren't sure what was going on. She was out cold for at least five minutes, which was scary."