Rolf Harris arrested for second time
- Bang Showbiz
- 6 August 2013
Rolf Harris is reported to have been arrested for the second time to be quizzed about new sex abuse allegations
Rolf Harris has reportedly been arrested for a second time.
According to The Sun newspaper, the TV presenter was questioned by detectives from Operation Yewtree - the national investigation launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal - yesterday (05.08.13) regarding fresh sex abuse allegations made against him, before being released on bail.
While Rolf wasn't directly named, a spokesman said: "He has returned on bail today, where he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual offences in connection with further allegations made to Operation Yewtree. He has been re-bailed to a date later in August."
The 83-year-old entertainer was first quizzed by police on November 29 last year, five days after a search warrant was executed at his Berkshire home, before being arrested in March.
This comes a day after he made an emotional appearance at Wickham Festival in Hampshire, thanking fans for their support in between singing his greatest hits including 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport'.
Rolf said: "Just before I go any further I would just like to thank you all for my support... for your support. I didn't say it very well, but you know what I mean. Thank you for your support."
No charges have been brought and the Australian star has vehemently denied the claims.