Hitlist - The best LGBT events
• Beyond the Surface An exhibition by Andrew Printer, whose work addresses issues facing the queer community including the nature of intimacy in a community still reeling from the AIDS epidemic. Street Level Photo Works, Glasgow, until 27 Oct.
• Audioaerobics (pictured) There’s a new gay venue in the capital and a new night to get you dancing. Jon Pleased and Lucky Luciano play electro-infused house, while Dejaybird (Fur Burger) plays indie, hip hop and classic dance tunes. GHQ, Edinburgh, Fri 19, 26 Oct.
• Club Noir Gay friendly burlesque night with Schlock Horror Hallowe’en theme. Carling Academy, Glasgow, Sat 20 Oct.
• Velvet A night for ladies who quite simply love their ladies. Velvet continues to keep the independent scene very much alive with music from DJs Random, Leatherface and Lucy Fur. Studio 24, Edinburgh, Sat 20 Oct.
• Civil Partnership Wedding Show If you’re thinking of tying the knot you can meet photographers, sample cakes and browse honeymoon locations, with live entertainment from wedding bands. Tiger Tiger, Glasgow, Sun 21 Oct.
• Queer History Night A history lesson with a difference – honesty without propaganda. Guest speakers include Kellan Farshea – the founding member of Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and Act-Up organiser – and Caz, founding organiser of Queeruption London. Friends Meeting House, Edinburgh, Sun 21 Oct.
• Fit This great new play for young people has been commissioned by Stonewall to tackle and highlight the growing probem of homophobic bullying in schools. A real eye-opener. CCA, Glasgow, Tue 23 & Wed 24 Oct.
• Little Johnny’s Big Gay Musical The Arches, Wed 31 Oct–Sat 3 Nov.