Richard Hammond's Secret Service show axed
Richard Hammond's 'Secret Service' prank show has been axed after poor ratings, meaning it is the 'Top Gear' star's second Saturday night series to be given the boot following the scrapping of 'Total Wipeout' last year.
Richard Hammond's 'Secret Service' has been axed.
The BBC One prank show has been ditched due to poor ratings and because bosses didn't feel it connected with viewers, but the programme's demise is the second Saturday night series the 'Top Gear' star has seen booted into touch following the scrapping of 'Total Wipeout' last year.
An insider told The Sun newspaper: "It is not being recommissioned ... bosses felt it didn't connect with a big enough audience."
A BBC spokesman confirmed the show - which attracted an audience of two million in March - would not return but insisted the programme's chiefs are still hoping to work with the 43-year-old star on other ventures.
He said: "We're talking to Richard about other projects."
The axing of 'Total Wipeout' - which was filmed in Argentina and hosted by Richard and Amanda Byram - after four series and one 'Winter Wipeout' led to fans taking to Twitter to vent their anger about the decision.
One wrote: "NOOOOO can't believe Total Wipeout has been axed!! what are the BBC thinking?!?!? #theyobviouslyarentthinking. (sic)"
As another added: "Total Wipeout has been axed, boo at anyone who made it happen!"