David Harewood rejects 'Strictly Come Dancing'?
- Bang Showbiz
- 2 July 2013
'Homeland' star David Harewood appears to have rejected a place on BBC1's Saturday night dance competition 'Strictly Come Dancing'
'Homeland' star David Harewood hinted that he's turned down a place on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 47-year-old actor - who is best known for his role as David Estes on the Channel 4 hit drama - took to Twitter to tell his fans that he had rejected an offer to star on a reality dance show, but was remaining tight-lipped about which programme he was referring to.
The 'Blood Diamond' star made reference to the BBC1 Saturday night dance programme, which sees celebrities team up with professional dancers and compete in Ballroom and Latin routines, but he admitted he shunned the offer after deciding the glitzy costumes weren't for him.
He tweeted: "I was asked to do a rather well known Saturday evening 'Dancing' show yesterday. I said 'No'. Strictly speaking its not for me.#spandex (sic)".
David - who turned his hand to Shakespeare following his 'Homeland' departure - has been rumoured to replace Matt Smith for the lead role in 'Doctor Who' and has made it obvious that he would jump at the chance to play the Doctor.
Speaking previously, he said: "It would be really difficult to turn down [the offer]. It's very exciting."