Jessie J most played pop singer of 2012
- Bang Showbiz
- 16 April 2013
Jessie J's 'Domino' was the most played pop song in the UK last year, beating Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know' and Emeli Sande's 'Next to Me' to claim top spot
Jessie J's 'Domino' was the most played pop song in the UK last year.
The 25-year-old pop princess - who recently shaved her hair to raise money for charity Comic Relief - beat the likes of Rihanna and Carly Rae Jepsen to the top spot with her single, released at the end of 2011.
According to 'Phonographic Performance Limited' (PPL), 'Domino' was closely followed by Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used to Know' and Emeli Sande's 'Next to Me'.
Jonathan Morrish from PPL said: "The top 10 most-played pop songs is always an impressive insight into what the nation has been listening to the previous year. These songs will undoubtedly stay with us for a long time."
The chart is compiled from data collected by PPL including radio play, television recordings and venues such as pubs, clubs, shops and bars.
Jessie first featured in PPL's list of most played pop songs in 2011, with her single 'Price Tag'.
PPL's Top Ten most played pop song of 2012:
1) Jessie J - 'Domino'
2) Gotye ft. Kimbra - 'Somebody That I Used to Know'
3) Emeli Sandé - 'Next to Me'
4) Maroon 5 - 'Moves Like Jagger'
5) David Guetta ft. Sia - 'Titanium'
6) Olly Murs - 'Dance With Me Tonight'
7) Kelly Clarkson - 'Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)'
8) Rihanna and Calvin Harris - 'We Found Love'
9) Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Call Me Maybe'
10) Maroon 5 - 'Payphone'