Daft Punk slam DJs
Daft Punk think dance DJs need to be more creative in order to push the genre forward
Daft Punk think dance DJs need to be more creative.
Thomas Bangalter of the French duo is doesn't think the current wave of DJs riding high in the charts produce music which is authentic or has a fresh enough sound.
He told Rolling Stone magazine: "Electronic music right now is in its comfort zone and it's not moving one inch. That's not what artists are supposed to do.
"You hear a song, whose track is it? There's no signature.
"Skrillex has been successful because he has a recognizable sound: You hear a dubstep song, even if it's not him, you think it's him."
The French duo - which also includes Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo - have also revealed the track list for their new album, 'Random Access Memories' and its guest list, which features contributions from Todd Edwards, Panda Bear, Giorgio Moroder, Chilly Gonzales and DJ Falcon. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rogers also feature on more than one track each, including 'Get Lucky', which was previewed at this weekend's Coachella festival.
Daft Punk - 'Random Access Memories' tracklisting:
1. 'Give Life Back to Music' (featuring Nile Rodgers)
2. 'The Game of Love'
3. 'Giorgio by Moroder' (featuring Giorgio Moroder)
4. 'Within' (featuring Chilly Gonzales)
5. 'Instant Crush' (featuring Julian Casablancas)
6. 'Lose Yourself to Dance' (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
7. 'Touch' (featuring Paul Williams)
8. 'Get Lucky' (featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
9. 'Beyond' (lyrics by Paul Williams)
10. 'Motherhood' (instrumental)
11. 'Fragments of Time' (featuring Todd Edwards)
12. 'Doin' It Right' (featuring Panda Bear)
13. 'Contact' (featuring DJ Falcon)