Gary Barlow could quit The X Factor
Gary Barlow may quit his role as a judge for 'The X Factor' if he isn't convinced the show's bosses will make the next series as "fabulous" as it needs to be
Gary Barlow will quit 'The X Factor' if bosses don't make the show "special enough".
The next series will celebrate the TV singing competition's tenth anniversary, and the judge wants assurances the quality will match the occasion.
An insider told the Sunday People newspaper: "Gary has made it clear that he will not be on the show unless the problems from last year are corrected and something fabulous is offered for the viewers.
"He knows the risks, 'The X Factor' could easily struggle against the competition if things aren't done right this time around."
It is said the Take That singer will be given a presentation next week where executives from Syco, Talkback and ITV will show him what ideas they have had.
The show's spy added: "He knows what he wants to see so he will fly back from Los Angeles at the end of the week for a presentation.
"He wants to know that they're going to stop poking fun at the show, he wants serious singers and to know who will be on the judging panel .
"It's crunch time at the end of the week and you just can't call what it he is going to do. If he doesn't sign the deal it could leave Simon and his team with a huge problem."
There are also doubts cast over whether Gary, 42, will want to return with his family still mourning after losing his stillborn baby Poppy in August.
It is thought he will only make a decision if he knows his wife Dawn and their three children - Daniel, 12, Emily, 10, and three-year-old Daisy - can cope.
The source revealed: "Gary will only sign up if he is confident that his family are happy for him to do so following his stillborn baby last year.
"It deeply affected his wife and other kids and he knows that his family really need him.
"If he doesn't think that they can cope with him being so far away and taking on such a huge workload, then he will not do it."