Matt Lapinsksas in DOI bottom two nearly every week

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 20 March 2013
Matt Lapinskas and Brianne Delcourt

Matt Lapinskas and Brianne Delcourt

'Dancing on Ice' runner-up Matt Lapinskas was in the bottom two on six out of seven occasions in the series when he was eligible for the public vote leading up to the final

'Dancing on Ice' runner-up Matt Lapinskas was in the bottom two six out of seven times in the series.

Official voting figures released by ITV have revealed the 'EastEnders' actor and his professional partner Brianne Delcourt were in the bottom two on three out of the seven occasions they were eligible for the public vote before the final, in which the pair were soundly beaten by Beth Tweddle and her partner Dan Whiston.

The Olympic gymnast - who finished top of the voting for five weeks ahead of the final - won the show with 74.99 per cent of the vote earlier this month, with Matt receiving the other 25.01 per cent.

In the semi-final - which saw the viewer vote cancelled as Gareth Thomas had to withdraw for medical reasons - Beth and Dan managed a huge 49.29 per cent, followed by Gareth (31.53 per cent), Matt (9.89 per cent) and Luke Campbell (9.47 per cent).

Despite Matt's consistently low scores he was only in the skate-off in week five when the judges' totals were combined with the viewers' votes, but he was saved by the panellists in place of former 'X Factor' star Shayne Ward.

In the first elimination of the series, former 'Baywatch' babe Pamela Anderson was booted off the show after receiving the lowest number of public votes, just 7.99 per cent.

Post a comment