Tulisa 'gutted' about X Factor axe

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 28 February 2013
Tulisa Contostavlos

Tulisa Contostavlos

Tulisa is allegedly "gutted" and "embarrassed" after being officially told she won't be invited back as a judge on 'The X Factor'

Tulisa is "gutted" after being axed from 'The X Factor'.

The 24-year-old singer - who led girl band Little Mix to victory in her debut year on the judging panel in 2011 - is reportedly "embarrassed" after being informed that her contact will not be renewed because of her disappointing performance last year.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "To say Tulisa is gutted is an understatement. She's a bit embarrassed to be on the scrap heap when she delivered with Little Mix.

"She's thrown away one of the most high-profile jobs in the industry as well as one of the best paid.

"But she simply wasn't up to scratch last year and Simon Cowell had no real option."

The 'Young' singer reportedly had dinner with the reality show's executive producer Richard Holloway on Tuesday night (26.02.13) shortly after being told she would not be returning for a third year.

A spokesman for the series claimed they were just "reviewing the year".

Robbie Williams and Mel B are among the artists rumoured to be on the shortlist to replace Tulisa, who sat alongside Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh on last year's judging panel.

Comments

Post a comment