Also Released - Music
• Qui - Love’s Miracle (Ipeac) Former Jesus Lizard frontman David Yow joins two LA malcontents for some gleefully deranged and frequently ingenious tribal blues rock.
• Miaoux Miaoux - Rainbow Bubbles (Koshka) Glasgow one-man-army Julian Corrie dishes up an accomplished collection of post-rocking vibrations laced with some decidedly un-bedroomy electronics and sizeable juddering beats while not forgetting to throw a melody in there now and again.
• Bettye LaVette - The Scene of the Crime (Anti) One of American soul music’s great unsung heroines, LaVette teams up with southern rockers Drive By Truckers to shake up some classic Muscle Shoals vibes.
• Michael Fakesch - Dos (!K7) Formerly one half of Funkstörung, Mr F strides out on his own, armed with only his Parliament records and a few beatboxes for weapons, determined to give Jamie Liddell a run for his money in the future funk stakes.
• Bobby Kray - Tales from a Skinny White Boy (V2) He looks like Paolo Nutini but sounds like Horace Andy; this is the silky debut in which he throws down his own credible take on sundry dancehall, soul and reggae flavours.
• Woodenbox - Woodenbox (Ali Downer) Understated loveliness aplenty in the sweet acoustic sound – not unlike a more upbeat Elliott Smith – from Edinburgh troubadour Ali Downer.