Simon Cowell calls X Factor crisis talks
Simon Cowell will meet with the producers of both the UK and US versions of 'X Factor' next week to discuss how the shows are going to "mix it up" when they return
Simon Cowell has called a crisis meeting with 'X Factor' producers in the UK and US.
The music mogul is holding talks with producers of both versions of the talent show at Sony's headquarters in London next week, where they will discuss how the programmes are going to "mix it up" when they return this year.
He said: "There are a series of meetings taking place. All the Brits are coming in, all the Americans, and we're gonna make some decisions then. We're going to mix it up.
"You've just got to try to make a better show than you did the year before. And if you do that, there's a good chance you can get the numbers up."
Nicole Scherzinger has been tipped to return to the judging panel of the UK show after her act James Arthur won the competition last year, and the brunette beauty admits she would "flirt" with the idea of coming back.
She told BANG Showbiz: "We haven't had the conversation yet but I would flirt with the conversation - I had a great time, it was one of my most amazing years. The UK just treated me so well. I had so much fun."
However, insiders believe Gary Barlow and Tulisa could be axed from the programme - which lost out to its BBC rival 'Strictly Come Dancing' in the Talent Show category at the National Television Awards on Wednesday (23.01.13) - but the 'Young' hitmaker has made a public plea to Simon not to be sacked from the panel.
She is quoted by the Daily Star newspaper as saying: "I always like to be back because I love the show.
"Nobody knows within the 'X Factor' scene which judges are going to be on the panel each year until two months before the show starts.
"I think 'X Factor' fans are the most loyal fans in the UK - they'll always stick by the show. I think we've done everything we could possibly do."