Louis Walsh wants X Factor return
Louis Walsh is "waiting by the phone" in the hope he will be asked back to 'The X Factor' next year, but Cheryl Cole looks unlikely to join him on the panel of the ITV1 talent show
Louis Walsh wants to return to 'The X Factor' judging panel next year.
The Irish music mogul - who remains the only panellist to have appeared on every series, despite briefly being axed by Simon Cowell at the start of the fourth season in 2007 - has been "waiting by the phone" in the hope of being told he can judge on the ITV1 talent show for a 10th year.
When asked if he is returning to the programme, he said: "I've been waiting by the phone for nine years and I'll be waiting by it again next year."
Louis revealed the judging panel will be announced early next year - but one person who doesn't look likely to appear on the show again is former judge Cheryl Cole.
A friend of the 29-year-old beauty told The Sun newspaper: "Cheryl really enjoyed her time on the show but she has moved on. She had three really good years and wants to leave it there."
The Girls Aloud singer's spokesman added: "Cheryl has no plans to return."
Cheryl - who is suing 'The X Factor' USA for $2.3 million after being dropped by the show after just a few episodes - was thought to have held talks with Simon about returning to the panel of the UK programme next year.
A number of changes are expected to be made to the 'X Factor', which could see arena auditions axed in favour of returning to a format that sees wannabes aim to impress the judges in a small room.
The Saturday show is also expected to air earlier in the evening to encourage younger viewers to tune in.