Gary Barlow to quit X Factor
Gary Barlow is reportedly set to quit the X Factor after the current series as he is planning a new album and tour with his band Take That
Gary Barlow is reportedly planning to quit 'The X Factor' after the current series.
The Take That singer - who claimed he was "embarrassed" to be a judge last weekend after his act Carolynne Poole was booted off the show in favour of controversial performer Rylan Clarke - is said to be preparing to reunite with his bandmates for a new album and tour so he won't have time to work on next year's series of the show.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "The events of the last week have really confirmed in Gary's mind that he needs to get back to what he loves best.
"Gary and host Dermot O'Leary laid the law down at Mayfair's Dover Street Arts Club on Tuesday night with the whole 'X Factor' team.
"Judges Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger were both there but Louis and Gary sat at either ends of the room and hardly exchanged a word all night.
"Gary is going to give this series his all and then it will be full steam ahead for Take That.
"The lads are enjoying a bit of freedom at the moment, but they are all united in their desire to get Take That back on the road.
"A new album and tour have been discussed and all five of the boys are making really positive noises."
Gary is said to have met up with his bandmates Mark Owen, Howard Donald and Jason Orange over the past week to discuss plans for their next assault on the charts.
The group were also reportedly joined by Robbie Williams, who reunited with the group for what was supposed to be a one off album and tour in 2010.
According to sources the group have pencilled in time in the studio before the end of next year and are hoping to do a huge tour in early 2014.