Bruno Tonioli's LSD nightmare

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 12 September 2012
Bruno Tonioli

Bruno Tonioli

Bruno Tonioli thought he had turned into Roger Daltrey after his drink was spiked with LSD at a party in Munich, Germany

Bruno Tonioli thought he had turned into Roger Daltrey when he took LSD.

The choreographer and 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge accidentally took the drug after his drink was spiked in a Munich nightclub in the 70s, and it made him think he was The Who singer.

He told The Sun newspaper: "Someone laced my drink with LSD and I ended up in a ski resort with no idea how I got there.

"It happened at a party in Munich. The room started to swirl, the colours from the lights became dazzling and psychedelic. My senses seemed to explode.

"I had no idea what the hell was going on, I thought I was Roger Daltrey and when I looked down at myself, I was bathed in gold.

"It was at that point that I started dancing on the tables like a lunatic. In my head I thought I was flying, swinging from the chandeliers like a rock god, but the reality was I was jumping from table to table knocking glasses over, sending the other guests scrambling for safety."

Bruno also admits he once used cocaine, but that didn't agree with him either, and now he just sticks to red wine and cigarettes.

He added: "I took cocaine at a party. The following morning I was struck down by the most incredible headache I had ever experienced.

"I was in agony. I had a headache for three days, I was unable to get out of bed. I couldn't function.

"I thought, 'I've just paid for the world's biggest migraine.' "But that wasn't the half of it, darling. I was ill for days. If you have a high-profile career you just can't do drugs. You might manage for a short while, but it's just not possible to keep down a career in those circumstances."

'Strictly Come Dancing' returns to BBC One on Saturday (15.08.12).


1. DanMcD23 Sep 2012, 8:11pm Report

Unless a forensics lab performed tests, he has no idea what his drink may or may not have been spiked with... even if the "someone" later told him it was LSD.

LSD is fairly rare these days, and there are dozens of other tasteless, colorless psychedelics active at levels under 5mg... with a wide variety of results.

Post a comment

RSS feed of these comments