Mario Falcone cautioned over assault
'The Only Way is Essex' Star Mario Falcone has been cautioned by police for assaulting an 11-year-old boy
'The Only Way is Essex' star Mario Falcone has been cautioned by police for assaulting an 11-year-old boy.
The reality TV star was arrested earlier this month after an incident where his girlfriend, Lucy Mecklenburgh, was targeted with lewd comments.
Mario had admitted to the incident at the time when questioned by police.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Mario and Lucy were leaving their house when some comments were made about Lucy by a group of youths nearby. They were making references to her ex - Mark Wright.
"In the heat of the moment, Mario stormed over and grabbed one of them by the collar. It was a really stupid thing to do.
"The boy, who was 11 but looked older, went home and told his mum what had happened and she called the police. Mario was arrested the following day."
Mario, 24, later apologised to the boy and his family for the incident.
A spokesman for the star said: "Although both Mario and Lucy were the subject of some very hostile and confrontational provocation from a group of males, Mario deeply regrets reacting in the way he did."
A spokesperson for Essex Police confirmed: "A man has been cautioned by police following an assault in Warley.
"Police were contacted shortly after 3.30pm on Friday, August 10 by the mother of a local 11-year-old boy who was attacked by a man on Crescent Road approximately 30 minutes earlier.
"Officers arrested a 24-year-old man at his nearby home address the following day. Following questioning, they issued him with a police caution after he admitted to assaulting the boy."