Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway returning to ITV
'Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway' is returning to ITV and Declan Donnelly is "very excited" about the revamped entertainment programme going back on air for the first time since 2009.
'Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway' is returning to ITV.
Show bosses are keen to reprise the entertainment programme in early spring to take on BBC One rival 'The Voice' in a ratings war, and Declan Donnelly "can't wait" for the show to return for the first time since 2009.
He said: "It's very exciting and we have lots of new ideas. It feels like a new project again. We can't wait to start."
ITV's battle with 'The Voice' looks set to increase further after reports Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon are all set to reprise their judging roles on 'Britain's Got Talent'.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "It's war. Ant and Dec plus Cowell equals winners."
Earlier this year, 'The Voice' and 'BGT' went head-to-head in a ratings battle that saw ITV move the start date of their talent-search show forward to create a prime-time showdown.
While ITV have yet to confirm who will return to the 'BGT' judging panel, 'Britain's Got More Talent' host Stephen Mulhern has quit the spin-off programme to present a new version of quiz show 'Catchphrase'.
He said: "'Britain's Got Talent ' and 'More Talent' are great to be part of but I've always wanted to do a show that is really family orientated.
"Kids of all ages can watch 'Catchphrase' and have a guess at it. It couldn't be better for me. I'm over the moon to have been chosen to do it.
"I don't think it's a bad thing it has taken me a long time to get here. I've learnt my trade and made all my mistakes on 'Britain's Got Talent'."