The Voice to change next year


The Voice coach

The creator of 'The Voice' will meet with the BBC after the end of the first series to discuss "new ideas" for the show next year.

'The Voice' will undergo a huge revamp next year.

The show's Dutch creator John De Mol has voiced his concerns about the BBC One talent show - hosted by Holly Willoughby and Reggie Yates - claiming the live shows have not been exciting enough and says he will be meeting with the channel to discuss possible changes next year.

He said: "We'll have a meeting with the BBC to come up with some new ideas to make the live shows more exciting."

John is particularly worried about the role of the mentors Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones, and Danny O'Donoghue, but claims he would like them to stay in 2013.

According to The Sun newspaper, he said: "The role of the coaches can be bigger. In the semi-final, the coaches were just watching the talent perform. They had no influence. That's something we should change.

"We'll talk about the coaches with the BBC right after the final this Saturday. As far as I'm concerned we have four great characters but it's too early to say."

Viewing figures on the show have dropped by half after the initial blind auditions at the beginning of the process drew in 12.1 million people.

Tom - who sensationally lost Ruth Jones in the semi-final last weekend - recently said "nothing had been sorted" with regards to his role on the series next year.

He said: " "There's been talk of [returning] and I'm in if they want the same team but nothing has been sorted yet.

"But it's been a great team, full of talent."


Post a comment