Kelly Rowland 'unlikely' to return to X Factor
- Bang Showbiz
- 27 April 2012
Kelly Rowland is unlikely to return to the next series of 'The X Factor' as bosses felt she didn't really connect with the audience during last year's series
Kelly Rowland is unlikely to return to the next series of 'The X Factor'.
The former Destiny's Child star is yet to sign a contract to return to the judging panel of the ITV1 talent show and sources say the chances of her coming back are now looking very slim.
A source said: "There's a chance she could come back, but it looks increasingly slim.
"Money demands are not the main factor. Kelly didn't connect with the audience as well as people hoped."
While Kelly may not be returning, the other three judges - Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh - are all said to have signed contracts and filmed auditions begin on May 15.
It had previously been claimed that Kelly had demanded a £1 million pay rise to return to 'The X Factor'.
The 'When Love Takes Over' hitmaker was said to have asked for her previous £500,000 salary to be tripled if bosses wanted her back on the panel of the show after learning Gary had secured a huge pay rise to take his seat at the head of the judges' table for a second year.
A source said: "Kelly wants the gig but she's a big star and should be paid accordingly.
"She was a popular judge last year -- the producers and Simon Cowell have said as much.
"Simon has even said he wants her back on several occasions, including this week.
"If they want to make her a serious offer then they will have to do just that ... make her a serious offer."