Kirk Norcross rescued from house blaze

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 25 April 2012
Kirk Norcross

Kirk Norcross

Kirk Norcross had to be rescued by firemen after trying to fight a fire which broke out at his father Mick's Essex mansion

Kirk Norcross was rescued by firemen after his father's mansion caught fire while he was asleep.

The former 'The Only Way Is Essex' star tried to fight the blaze - which started in one of the bathrooms in his dad Mick's house in Bulphan, near Thurrock, Essex - but had to call in the fire brigade when he was overcome by smoke inhalation.

Fire brigade officer Tony Clark said: "The fire appears to have been started accidently by towels stacked on a shelf too close to a light in the ceiling.

"The man had inhaled some smoke and was given oxygen therapy by some firefighters and was then checked over by ambulance crews. By the time we left the scene he seemed to be OK."

Kirk, 24, tweeted: "Dramas!!!! Got woke up to my dads house on fire! Tried my best to put it out (sic)

#MyLungsAreF****d thanks mr fireman for saving my life! X (sic)"

It is not clear if his father, Sugar Hut club owner Mick, was in the house at the time of the incident.

However, Kirk seems to have recovered quickly and is already planning on partying tomorrow night (26.04.12).

He wrote on twitter: "Can't wait 2 launch my new night @KirksGuestlist this thursday! Trust me this is going to be a road block event! Got a few surprises 4 ya 2

"Just looked out of the window and it looks like a monsoon out side ☹ Grrrrr come ooonnnn where's the sun (sic) #RainRainGoAway (sic)

"Right gonna get my rain mac and a rubber dingy and attempt to go out! #2MuchRain x (sic)"

Post a comment