Gary Barlow returning to The X Factor
Gary Barlow is returning to 'The X Factor' for a second year, he has confirmed today (17.04.12)
Gary Barlow is returning to 'The X Factor'.
The Take That singer is "thrilled" to retain his position as head of the ITV1 reality show's judging panel for a second year.
He said: "I'm thrilled to be back and really looking forward to working with 'The X Factor' team again.
"The fact that a superstar could just walk out on that stage is very exciting."
Gary was joined on the panel in 2011 by Tulisa, Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh, but at present he is the only judge confirmed to appear when the show kicks off in the summer.
'X Factor' boss Simon Cowell said: "It's great to be able to confirm our first judge for this year's show. Gary has earned his place and I'm excited to be working with him again."
Last year's show saw girl group Little Mix triumph, the first time in the programme's history a group has won. Their debut single, 'Cannonball', went to number one and they are expected to release their debut album later this year.
'The X Factor' recently completed its open auditions tour of six major UK cities, but hopeful singers can apply to be on the show through Facebook, by uploading their audition videos through the social networking site to the official 'X Factor' page up until May 8.
Stand out acts will then be asked to audition in person, and could go on to appear in front of the show's judges.