Hitlist - The Best Festival Clubs
- The List
- 16 August 2007
• Climax Cracking double bill of live local techno with Stephen Brown and the Wee DJs. And get this, it’s free – result! Red, 225 1757, Fri 17 Aug, 10pm–5am, free.
• Jackhammer Quality techno to keeping things moving as Ben Sims (pictured) takes on the Surgeon for a three hour set of punishing acid grooves and harsh electronic beats. Ego, 478 7434, Fri 17 Aug, 11pm–4am, £12.
• Bass Syndicate Maximum breaks and bass as the Plump DJs return for their annual dancefloor meltdown. The Liquid Room, 225 2564, Sat 18 Aug, 11pm–5am, £12.
• Club Noir Perhaps the best burlesque experience in the country, if not the world, as the myriad devilish delights of Club Noir are unleashed upon the Festival. Tassel twirling twins, Tina Beans and the world’s smallest bouncer are just some of the thrills on offer. Studio 24, 558 3758, Sat 18 Aug, 9pm–4am, £14.
• Fish Fry The jazz and funk night gets a live set from Gecko 3 and a DJ set from Red Rack’em who’ll bring a healthy slice of hip hop, drum & bass and broken beat to proceedings. The Jazz Bar, 220 4290, Sat 18 Aug, 11pm–3am, free before 11.30pm; £5 after.
• Messenger Soundsystem Take it down a notch with the skanking grooves, serious roots and dub reggae of the inimitable Messenger Soundsystem. The Bongo Club, 558 7604, Sat 18 Aug, 11pm–5am, £7.50.
• Edinburgh Boat Party Take to the high seas in the company of the house sounds of Stereotype. Remember there’s a pirate theme so eye patches and cutlasses at the ready. Bus leaves from 99 Hanover Street, Sun 19 Aug, 6pm–10pm, £15. email@example.com