Lauren Goodger 'devastated' after salon attack
Lauren Goodger is "devastated" after her salon was fire bombed by thugs on Wednesday night (15.02.12)
Lauren Goodger is "devastated" after her salon was fire bombed by thugs.
The 'Only Way Is Essex' star - whose Lauren's Way store was targeted by yobs just hours after it opened - branded the attackers "nasty and bitter", and is now concerned the incident was all part of a deliberate hate campaign against her.
She said: "I'm devastated that individuals could vandalise my new shop. I didn't realise there were so many nasty and bitter people out there.
"I'm just glad that no-one was in the shop at the time as the attack could have been a lot worse. I feel awful for the people with young families who live in the flats above my business. Nobody deserves this for just being on a TV show."
The 25-year-old beauty has now reportedly told friends she is in fear of her life after the attack, which saw vandals smash shop windows and throw diesel bombs into the property.
A pal told the Daily Star newspaper: "There is no doubt this has left Lauren terrified. Put yourself in her position, she is in the public eye and people are taking aim at her.
"It is vicious and dangerous. If anyone had been in that store it could have been worse. Someone could have been seriously hurt by this."
Lauren was luckily at the cinema at the time of the incident, but police - who were called to the salon at 10pm on Wednesday night (15.02.12) - had to evacuate residents from the flats above the shop.
A police spokesperson said: "We are trying to find out who is behind the incident and waiting for confirmation from the fire brigade on what caused the fire."