Ronnie Wood's Rolling Stones Olympic admission

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 15 February 2012
Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood

Ronnie Wood claims The Rolling Stones have been asked to play at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics as have his other band, The Faces

Ronnie Wood claims The Rolling Stones have been asked to play at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.

Despite the legendary rockers insisting last week they wouldn't be performing at the gig in July, Ronnie says they are being considered along with his other group, The Faces.

He said: "Yeah, we've been asked. We were asked to open it with the Stones and close it with The Faces. I would be the first bi-athlete musician.

"It would be fantastic. The Olympics coming to London is a once-in-a-lifetime thing and it would be too good an opportunity to miss."

However, the guitarist isn't sure if he has the time to do it, saying: "I'm busy with The Faces getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame in April and art shows."

Last week, a spokesperson for the band - also made of Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts - said: "The Rolling Stones wish to point out that they are not performing at any concerts tied to the 2012 Olympic Games."

Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle will direct the launch ceremony and Sir Paul McCartney may take part, along with Adele and Blur.

The Rolling Stones

The legendary rockers, fronted by Mick Jagger, perform their recognisable hits from across the decades including Satisfaction, Paint It Black and Brown Sugar, as well as some surprises thrown in for good measure. Special guests in London on their No Filter tour include Liam Gallagher on Tuesday and Florence + The Machine…

Post a comment