Jonathan Ross signs 2m ITV deal
Jonathan Ross has agreed a new £2 million deal with ITV to front two more series of his chat show
Jonathan Ross has signed a new £2 million deal with ITV.
The 51-year-old presenter's self-titled talk show has been re-commissioned for two more series after he impressed bosses with the first run of the programme in the early autumn.
Jonathan - who took a 20-month break after his BBC contract ended before joining ITV - will front the programme from July to December in 2012 and 2013, with each series running for 16 episodes.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "It was always a gamble for him to reprise his chat show on another channel. He had been synonymous with Friday nights on the BBC but was replaced by Graham Norton in that slot.
"But he has brought in great guests for ITV and his ratings have been good so it was a no-brainer that he should sign up again."
Prior to the first series of 'The Jonathan Ross Show' airing in September, the presenter insisted he wouldn't be upset if it flopped, as the move to ITV was "right" for him following the 'Sachs-gate' scandal over offensive calls he and Russell Brand made to 'Fawlty Towers' actor Andrew Sachs.
He said: "It was right for me to leave the BBC. If I'd stayed that story would never have gone away.
"Even now they're trying to beat people up about wages. Someone else can get it in the f***ing neck now. I've had my turn.
"At ITV the show will either do well and be re-commissioned or do badly and stop. And I would be comfortable with either option."