Hitlist - The best rock, pop, jazz & folk
This article is from 2007.
• Ari-Up She’ll always be best known as the lead singer of seminal grrrrl punks The Slits but now, club night Pretty Ugly welcomes her back witha new band The True Warriors, who will be playing new material plus the songs of The Slits with a heavy roots, dub and funk twist. The Hold (underneath The Admiral Bar) Glasgow, Tue 14 Aug. (Rock & Pop)
• Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival Two-days of family-friendly musical and cultural indulgence with a line-up covering indie, folk, blues, world and everything between. The Magic Numbers, Julian Cope, Amy McDonald, Peatbog Faeries and Tuung are among the highlights. Beauly, Inverness, Fri 10 & Sat 11 Aug. (Rock & Pop)
• Jack Butler, Stopstarts and The Low Miffs August may be a lean old time for touring shows but it means the stages are clear for the juicy morsels from the local scene and this line-up of indie acolytes of varying shades and tones is a prime opportunity to indulge. Barfly, Sat 11 Aug. (Rock & Pop)
• Dead Meadow Washington DC is where tripped out psych rock loons Dead Meadow call home, but in reality they are citizens of outer space. Tune in, wig out. Nice’n’Sleazy, Glasgow, Tue 14 Aug. (Rock & Pop)
• Bill Callahan Arches, Glasgow, Tue 14 Aug. (Rock & Pop)
• Sixpeopleaway, Andi Neate, David Nova and The Sweet Leaves A mix of compelling accoustic sounds with Andi Neate celebrating the launch of her new album Lion Taming for Astronauts. She also has a launch at Edinburgh’ Jazz Bar on 13 Aug. Box, Glasgow, Thu 16 Aug. (Rock & Pop)