Louis Walsh receives apology
Leonard Watters, the man who accused Louis Walsh of sexual assault, has apologised to the 'X Factor' judge in court
The man who accused Louis Walsh of sexual assault has apologised to him in court.
Leonard Watters, 24, appeared in Dublin District Court today (02.11.11), following his arrest earlier this year after he falsely alleged the 'X Factor' judge had assaulted him in the bathroom of a city nightclub.
He told the courtroom: "I would like to sincerely apologise to Mr. Louis Walsh for all the stuff I put him through. The allegation was false."
His solicitor told onlookers the father-of-two is now seen as a "Walter Mitty"-type fantasist within his local community.
However, Watters' sentencing has been put back until January 25.
Following the allegations, Louis said his life had "changed forever" and had been "physically ill" because of the lies he was subjected to.
He said: "I've changed forever. This has made me physically ill. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I've lost so much weight that my suits don't even fit me anymore.
"This is the first time I've talked about it like this. I can't even get a proper night's sleep, so I'm exhausted.
"When I drift off I suddenly wake up in a blind panic. The panic attacks are awful. I have to calm myself down and say, 'It's over, I'm going to be OK.' "