Michael Le Vell returns to Corrie
'Coronation Street' actor Michael Le Vell returned to the show's studios yesterday (13.10.11), the first time since he was accused of sexual assault last week.
Michael Le Vell returned to work yesterday (13.10.11).
The 46-year-old actor took a break from 'Coronation Street' last week after a teenage girl accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was six
However, the star is believed to have been at the Granada Studios complex in Manchester, for meetings rather than to film scenes as mechanic Kevin Webster - but friends say Michael is refusing to lie low until the allegations die down.
One pal told the Daily mirror newspaper: "Michael has gone through hell this last week, but he says he has had enough of hiding.
"He has done nothing wrong, and all his friends are backing him one hundred per cent, so he's holding his head up high and trying his best to live a normal life while he fights this malicious allegation."
Michael - who "strenuously denies" the allegations - was arrested at home last week and was quizzed for eight hours before being bailed until November 16.
The actor was given a seven-day extension to his holiday to deal with the allegations, but is due to resume filming next week.
He is believed to have the full backing of cast and crew on the show, with one source saying: "Nobody has any doubts about Michael's innocence.
"He is well liked and trusted by everybody, these allegations will do absolutely nothing to dent his reputation."