Jade Richards not getting another X Factor chance
Axed 'X Factor' hopeful Jade Richards will not return to the show as a wild card contestant this weekend
Axed 'X Factor' singer Jade Richards will not return to the show in a surprise twist this weekend.
The 21-year-old Scottish singer was eliminated at the Judges' Houses stage of the competition on Sunday (02.10.11), but fans hoped she could be reintroduced as a wild card entry - as happened on last year's series - but their hopes have been quashed by bosses.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Jade had one of the best voices on the show and had built up a strong following. But, unlike last year, the twist won't involve booted-out acts coming back.
"Each judge already has four acts. There is no room for any more. So Jade, or any of the other acts already eliminated, won't be coming back."
Jade is recovering after a car accident, and has to undergo physiotherapy, and her mother, Trudie, confirmed this would mean she'd not be able to return, saying: "They could never get her down there and ready in time."
Meanwhile, Luke Lucas, 16, also got rejected at the same stage in the contest, but has vowed to audition next year.
Despite his mentor Gary Barlow saying he felt Lucas was too young for the show and calling for the age limit for contestants to be raised to 18 following his breakdown during the final audition process, the teenager has vowed to work harder than ever so he can wow the judges in 2012.
He said: "I'm going to work properly hard - I'm not going to sit at home and do nothing. 'The X Factor' - make some room, because I'll be back next year."