Foodies Festival Edinburgh returns in 2011
- S Southall
- 27 July 2011
Taking place in Holyrood Park August 12, 13 & 14
Celebrating the finest food, drink and culinary talents, Foodies Festival will celebrate its fifth anniversary when event returns to Holyrood Park on August 12, 13, 14.
Having launched in Edinburgh five years ago and enjoyed unprecedented success, Foodies Festival now takes place across the UK, with seven festivals this summer.
Visitors will enjoy new features for 2011, as well as established favourites including:
• Chefs Theatre: The regions Michelin star and top chefs will cook their favourite signature dishes live, passing on hints and tips. The Chefs Theatre line up includes Tony Borthwick, Plumed Horse; Mattia Camorani, Hotel Missoni; Stuart Muir, Harvey Nichols; Neil Forbes, Café St Honore and many more.
• Fringe stars including Tim Vine, The Hamiltons and Four Poofs and a Piano will join top chefs on stage to mix cooking with comedy.
• Fringe Highlights: Acts from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival will perform live, giving visitors a taster of the best music, dance and comedy.
• Pop-up Cook School: Visitors will enjoy hands-on cooking and tasting sessions, with guidance from top chefs and food experts.
• Cooking with Kids: Masterclasses for budding young chefs and their families.
• Drinks Masterclass Theatre: Mixing and shaking, nosing and tasting sessions where visitors are led through the complexities of gin, rum, speciality beer, wine and cocktails.
• Speciality and local exhibitors: Visitors can sample and buy exclusive ingredients from over 100 food and drink producers. More information available on request.
• NEW Great Taste Market: Featuring stallholders whose products have won a prestigious Great Taste Award in the last three years
• Restaurant Village: Visitors can indulge in dishes from around the world
• Bar Pagoda Tents: Visitors can enjoy a glass of bubbly or seasonal cocktail made by expert mixologists.
For 2 for 1 tickets, check out www.list.co.uk/offers