BGT fix accuser cautioned
The blogger who claimed 'Britain's Got Talent' was fixed so 12-year-old singer Ronan Parke would win has apologised after being cautioned by police.
The blogger who claimed 'Britain's Got Talent' was fixed has apologised after being cautioned by police.
The 52-year-old man - who suffers from bipolar disorder - posted an article in which he accused the ITV1 show's creator Simon Cowell of favouring eventual runner-up Ronan Parke so he would win the series, but he now admits to making it all up.
He said: "I am ashamed to admit to being the perpetrator of the recent 'Britain's Got Talent' 'fix' crisis.
"I would like to offer my sincerest and unreserved apologies for all the distress and hurt I've caused, in particular to Ronan.
"What I did was wrong and I have no excuse for my actions."
The anonymous blogger had claimed 12-year-old Ronan had been signed up by Simon's record label, Syco, two years ago and was using the show to propel him to stardom.
However, Ronan - who lost out to eventual winner Jai McDowall - had always denied the claims.
Yesterday (03.07.11) a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said the man, who has not been named, had accepted a caution last Tuesday.
A spokesperson for Sony Music added: "'A man has now admitted responsibility for the wholly untrue blogs relating to Ronan Parke and the false allegations against 'Britain's Got Talent', Sony Music and Syco.
"He has admitted he has absolutely no connection with Ronan Park, Sony Music, Syco, or 'Britain's Got Talent'. He has apologised both via the police and directly to those involved and the matter will not be taken further."