Louis Walsh returns to work

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 30 June 2011
Louis Walsh

Louis Walsh

Louis Walsh received a standing ovation on his return to 'X Factor' auditions in Cardiff yesterday (29.06.11) after sexual assault allegations against him were dropped

Louis Walsh received a standing ovation when he returned to 'X Factor' auditions in Cardiff yesterday (29.06.11).

The 58-year-old judge - who has been cleared of accusations that he indecently assaulted a 24-year-old father in the toilets of a Dublin nightclub in April - was cheered by the crowds as he arrived outside the Cardiff International Arena and received the full support of the audience inside the building as they rose to their feet to applaud him.

He said: "I'm delighted - it is great to be here and get on with the show again.

"We're here to find a star - that's why we are here. That's what we do."

A witness added: "There was a lot of love for him among the crowd. He was really moved."

Fellow judge Gary Barlow said it had been the "right thing" for police to drop the sex attack probe.

Yesterday, Louis' accuser Leonard Watters, appeared in Dublin District Court today where he was charged under section 12 of the Criminal Law Act with making "false allegations" but released on 300 euro bail on the condition he does not contact Louis or anyone from the band Westlife.

Judge William Early also insisted the unemployed accused, of no fixed abode must not interfere with any other potential witnesses and ordered him to provide an address within the next 24 hours and adjourned the case until September 7.

Comments

Post a comment