Dannii Minogue replaced on X Factor
- Bang Showbiz
- 15 May 2011
'The X Factor' judge Dannii Minogue will not return for the new season of the ITV1 show due to a schedule clash with 'Australia's Got Talent' and is set to be replaced by N Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos
Dannii Minogue has been replaced on 'The X Factor'.
The Australian judge - who won the show last year with her act Matt Cardle - has revealed she will not return for the latest series of the ITV1 programme citing a schedule clash with her role on 'Australia's Got Talent' and sources have pointed to N Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos as her replacement.
Dannii said in a statement: "I am so disappointed that I can't be a part of 'The X Factor' this year. I'm going to miss the show and the amazing team who work so incredibly hard on it.
"During discussions for me to return it became clear that unfortunately this year, the X Factor audition dates in the UK clash with the live shows of 'Australia's Got Talent' during June and July. For this reason I am unable to return."
Louis Walsh will be the only remaining original judge on the panel after Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell stepped down to take up roles on the new US 'X Factor' with Take That star Gary Barlow already confirmed as one replacement.
Although the fourth judge is said to have been chosen, the auditions which were due to begin in Manchester on Wednesday (18.05.11), have now been postponed until June 1 with Simon flying back to personally oversee the new panel.
A source told the News of the World: "Simon's a control freak. He didn't want the show to start without him being there. That's why when the decision was made about Dannii, he pulled the plug on the Manchester auditions."