Denise Van Outen quits OK! TV
- Bang Showbiz
- 11 February 2011
Denise Van Outen has announced she is too busy to host 'OK! TV and will be replaced by Kate Walsh - just three days before the show begins
Denise Van Outen has pulled out of 'OK! TV' - just three days before it is due to launch.
The blonde beauty had been due to front Channel Five's new flagship entertainment show alongside Matt Johnson, but announced today (11.02.11) she is too busy with other ventures to take the job.
Denise's spokesperson said: "Due to other contractual commitments, Denise Van Outen will not be presenting 'OK! TV'. Both parties wish each other the very best."
Former 'Live from Studio Five' presenter Kate Walsh - whose old show was axed to make way for 'OK! TV' - is now stepping into the job.
Her spokesperson told the Mail Online website: "She will indeed be presenting the show on Monday (14.02.11)."
Channel Five added in a statement: "We are delighted to announce that Kate Walsh will be stepping up to present 'OK! TV' with Matt Johnson. We all know how fantastic and experienced Kate is following her time on 'Live From Studio Five' and are delighted to have her on board to co-present this fantastic new show."
Denise's departure from the show comes just two days after she expressed her excitement over the programme and her new co-presenter on twitter.
She posted: "Had a great day at @OKTVOfficial towers with @Mattjohnsons. So excited about our new show. (sic)"
'OK! TV' begins on Monday and will air weeknights at 6.30pm.