Big changes ahead for The X Factor

Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell has promised some ''big changes'' to the format of this year's 'X Factor' to make the show ''bigger, better and stronger''.

Simon Cowell has promised some "big changes" in this year's 'X Factor'.

The 51-year-old music mogul - who is taking the show Stateside this spring - explained making format changes to 'Britain's Got Talent' has worked well, and he also plans to make the new series of 'The X Factor' "bigger, better and stronger".

He told BANG Showbiz: "We have to make sure all the shows are going to come back bigger, better, stronger. You've seen what we've done on 'Britain's Got Talent', we made some big changes and I think it's the right thing for the show.

"The most important things for these shows is not to be predictable. The British 'X Factor' won't suffer, I'm trying to make sure I would like to watch it. It's just got to be different full stop."

Promising "a few surprises" along the way, Simon admitted none of the current judging panel - Cheryl Cole, Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh - have been contracted to appear on the next series as of yet.

Speaking at Wednesday night's (26.01.11) National Television Awards, he said: "We're going to make an announcement soon. No one's been contracted yet apart from me.

"We are in the process of going through all the shows, what we can do, and I think there will be a few surprises. The most important thing is making a commitment to people and making sure the show comes back better than last year."


Post a comment