Konnie Huq facing X Factor axe?
Konnie Huq is set to be axed from The X Factor's spin-off show 'The Xtra Factor' after making a series of embarrassing blunders, insiders claim
Konnie Huq is reportedly set to be axed from The X Factor's spin-off show.
The former 'Blue Peter' presenter - who was drafted in to replace Holly Willoughby when she left ITV2 show 'The Xtra Factor' earlier this year - is said to have angered music mogul Simon Cowell by making a series of embarrassing blunders.
A production source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Simon Cowell hasn't been impressed and it seems certain she will be axed. Every week there seems to be a new mistake."
Meanwhile, thousands of viewers have reportedly called for the return of Holly Willoughby, while a number of "sack Konnie" threads have also appeared on entertainment websites by furious fans who don't want her to front next year's series.
Konnie's latest gaffe came on Saturday night (11.12.10) when she said to finalist Cher Lloyd minutes after she was booted off the show: "What a night it has been for you, a night of dreams."
The mistake sparked complaints on entertainment website Digital Spy, with one viewer writing: "Sack Konnie and bring back Holly."
Another critic said: "She is just not up to the job. She has to go if they want people to keep watching 'The Xtra Factor'."
An official 'Xtra Factor' spokesman confirmed no decisions have been made for the next series of the ITV2 show.