Wagner web war wages

X Factor contestant Wagner Fiuza-Carrilho

Wagner Fiuza-Carrilho

Wagner Fiuza-Carrilho is being kept in 'The X Factor' by the same group of online campaigners who prevented last year's winner Joe McElderry from scooping the Christmas number one.

Wagner Fiuza-Carrilho is being kept in 'The X Factor' by furious protesters.

The music fans - who stopped last year's winner Joe McElderry from getting the Christmas number one by campaigning for alternative band Rage Against The Machine to scoop the top spot - have now set up a campaign to help the eccentric hopeful remain in the competition.

A series of pages on social networking site Facebook are encouraging Wagner fans and anti-Simon Cowell campaigners to vote for the 54-year-old Brazillian to help him keep his place on the show.

They are hoping if wildcard Wagner - who was blasted by judges for his performance on Saturday (23.10.10) - wins the show it will undermine the credibility of 'The X Factor' and music mogul Simon Cowell.

One protester said: "Let's face it, he is not gonna win on talent. He is being brought on as the humorous character. But we need to show Simon and Co. who the judges really are... us. (sic) "

Another fan Richard Robey - who backed the Rage Against The Machine campaign - wrote: "Did anyone else vote over ten times like me?"

Meanwhile, John Adeleye - who was eliminated from the ITV1 competition on Sunday (24.10.10) - has blasted judge Cheryl Cole for miming her new single 'Promise This' while performing on the show.

John told The Sun newspaper: "In a singing contest, miming might not be the best decision. For performers like Cher, that's not such a good example."


Post a comment