Arlene Philips 'Strictly' not returning
Arlene Philips has said she will never return to 'Strictly Come Dancing' because she's moved on with her life.
Arlene Philips would never return to 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 67-year-old choreographer - who was replaced on the judging panel of the show by Alesha Dixon last year - insists she has now moved on and rarely even thinks about the show.
She said: "It's happened, there's nothing I can do about it and there's no point in worrying about it. I'm moving on with my life.
"They will never ask me back, so it's not something I ever think about."
The 'Loose Women' host also claims she only continues to watch the programme because she gets paid to comment on the contestants.
She explained: "If I wasn't writing a column about it, there's no way I'd switch it on. I watch it because I have to. I don't want to spend every Saturday evening in front of the TV."
Despite her comments, Arlene still remains close to the show's judges, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli.
She said: "Craig and Bruno both live around the corner from me so we meet up for dinner and a gossip. We're all gossips, but I'm probably the biggest."
Arlene - who has been with partner Angus Ion, 56, for over 20 years - also insisted she has no plans to follow in the footsteps of Bruno and 'Strictly' head judge Len Goodman by working in the US.
She added: "I have no interest. My life is in England - I have my family and I'm working non-stop."