Mel B's Factor meetings
Mel B has pulled out of a series of parties at the Cannes Film Festival because she's in the middle of discussions with Simon Cowell about appearing on 'The X Factor'
Mel B has turned down several Cannes Film Festival parties to meet with Simon Cowell about 'The X Factor'.
The former Spice Girls singer - who was due to be guest of honour at a private dinner in France by London nightclub Jalouse on Monday night (17.05.10) - reportedly failed to turn up at the last minute after the media mogul got in touch to sort out the details regarding her slot on the show.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Mel hasn't gone to Cannes. Her people hinted that she is too busy negotiating a contract to star in this year's 'X Factor'."
The 34-year-old singer had been strongly rumoured to be lined up for a guest sting on the panel alongside Simon, Louis Walsh and Cheryl Cole when Dannii Minogue misses the auditions during her maternity leave.
Although Mel has refused to confirm the speculation, the outspoken singer promised an announcement "soon".
When asked about the rumours recently, she said: "I can't really talk about that because I don't think it's my place to, but I'm sure some announcement's going to happen at some point and then we'll all know!"
As well as a role on 'The X Factor', Mel is also busy fronting a new US TV show and working on her own fitness video game.