Jack Tweed rape trial continues

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 13 April 2010
Jack Tweed

Jack Tweed rape trial continues

The woman allegedly raped by Jade Goody's widower Jack Tweed has told the Snaresbrook Crown Court she is too afraid to leave her home following the incident on September 4 last year

The woman allegedly raped by Jack Tweed claims she is too afraid to leave her home.

Snaresbrook Crown Court heard today (13.04.10) how the 20-year-old student - who was 19 when she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Jade Goody's widower on September 4 last year - has been left traumatised by the incident and feels too "intimidated and vulnerable" to go outside her house.

In a statement to police, she said: "I used to be a bubbly person but now I feel so withdrawn.

"I still now feel intimidated and vulnerable.

"I'm no longer willing to leave home without the support of my family.

"I no longer have the desire to do such things as I only really feel safe in the comfort of my own home with my family."

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, met Tweed and his friend Anthony Davis during an evening out at London's Embassy nightclub.

After leaving the nightspot, the trio returned to club promoter Tweed's home in Woodford Green, east London with some of the young woman's friends.

There, she claims she was raped twice by Tweed and once by Davis after she turned down their offers of a "threesome".

Ronald Jaffa, defending 22-year-old Tweed, asked the woman how she could be certain about the evening's events if she was so "out of it".

She answered: "There's a difference between being out of it and being shocked when you're being raped by two men."

The jury heard how the woman initially tried to laugh off the men's advances when she was targeted by Davis as "the cute, quiet" one out of her friendship group.

She claims she was talked into one of the bedrooms by Davis, who invited Tweed to join them, before he held the door closed and told Tweed to "do what you've got to do".

After Tweed allegedly raped her by the windowsill, the woman - who is from Hertfordshire - claims she was pushed onto the bed and raped by both men together.

Giving evidence from behind a screen, the young woman denied she was "quite willing" to have sex with the pair but told how she did not say "No" because she was so frightened.

She said: "I was so scared. I was pretty traumatised."

Tweed and 25-year-old estate agent Davis are currently on bail.

Tweed denies two counts of rape and Davis denies one charge.

The trial continues.

Post a comment