Daniel Radcliffe's stomach bug
Daniel Radcliffe was hospitalised last week after suffering a severe case of food poisoning while working in the US
Daniel Radcliffe was hospitalised with food poisoning last week.
The 'Harry Potter' star contracted a bug while in the US and was forced to spend two days in a New York medical facility being treated for dehydration.
The 20-year-old star caught a flight home to the UK on Saturday (06.03.10), and reportedly filled in fellow passengers with the details about his embarrassing stomach upset.
A passenger on the same plane told The Sun newspaper: "He looked as white as a sheet. He said he felt like he was going to die and had spent most of his time on the toilet."
The actor had been in the country to support the Trevor Project, a non-profit US suicide prevention charity which works with young gay and transgender people.
Daniel had previously spoken about why he'd lent his face to the project, which runs a 24 hour helpline.
He said: "I grew up knowing a lot of gay men and it was never something that I even thought twice about - that some men were gay and some weren't. And then I went to school and for the first time and I came across homophobia. I had never encountered it before. It shocked me.
"I think it's important for somebody from a big, commercial movie series like 'Harry Potter' and particularly because I am not gay or bisexual or transgendered. The fact that I am straight makes not a difference, but it shows that straight people are incredibly interested and care a lot about this as well."