Victoria Beckham cancels anniversary bash
- Bang Showbiz
- 29 April 2009
Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham has cancelled plans to celebrate her 10th wedding anniversary to soccer star David Beckham with a lavish party, amid claims he is not spending enough time with his sons
Victoria Beckham has reportedly cancelled her 10th wedding anniversary party.
The former Spice Girl has called off the lavish Hollywood bash - which was due to take place in July - after allegedly accusing husband David of neglecting his family.
The 35-year-old singer has been single-handedly raising their three sons - Brooklyn, 10, Romeo, six, and four-year-old Cruz - in the US while David plays for Italian team AC Milan, who he is currently on loan to from his regular club Los Angeles Galaxy.
A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "Being apart is hard for them. It's the first time in their marriage that Victoria has been angry at David.
"David really misses the three boys and still doesn't really understand why she wouldn't move to Milan to keep the family together. They are trying to make it work, but the resentments are simmering."
Victoria had reportedly been planning the extravagant event with the help of her A-list friends Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, Katie Holmes and supermodel Heidi Klum.
But a spokeswoman for the couple - who tied the knot in a lavish ceremony at Luttrellstown Castle, in Ireland, on July 4 in 1999 - says they now want to keep their celebration low-key.
She said: "They have some private 10th anniversary celebrations planned."
Last month, it was reported the couple had told friends they wanted to mark the occasion by renewing their wedding vows.
A source said at the time: "David has promised Victoria they will renew their vows at the beginning of July, around their 10th anniversary once his time with Milan is over. It will be a no-expense spared extravaganza."