Hitlist - Theatre
● Frida: Viva la Vida Still flushed with success from last year’s Edinburgh Fringe the Tirso Theatre Company revives its enjoyable account of the life of the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Tron Theatre, Glasgow, until Sat 7 Mar.
● Technological Phantasmagorias: I, II and III A trio of performance pieces created and directed by Denis Marleau of Québec’s UBU company, The Blind by Maurice Maeterlinck, Sleep My Baby Sleep by Jon Fosse and Play by Samuel Beckett. Tramway, Glasgow, Thu 5–Sat 7 Mar.
● Kyoto Highly acclaimed Scottish playwright David Greig kicks off a mini-season of A Play, a Pie & a Pint, running at Oran Mor and the Traverse, with this light-hearted look at the big issue of climate change. Oran Mor, Glasgow, Mon 9–Sat 14 Mar; Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, Tue 17–Sat 21 Mar.
● Anna Krzystek: Figure This Glasgow-based choreographer Krzystek unveils the latest in a triple-bill of works on the theme of waiting as part of New Territories. Tramway, Glasgow, Tue 17 & Wed 18 Mar.
● Edward Gant’s Amazing Feats of Loneliness New production of the controversial playwright’s seldom-revived Victorian melodrama play-within-a-play. Citizens’ Theatre, Glasgow, Tue 17–Sat 21 Mar.
● Northern Ballet Theatre: Swan Lake and Mixed Bill Innovative version of the world’s most popular ballet, which takes place in New England during the early 20th century. Edinburgh Festival Theatre, Tue 17–Sat 21 Mar (not Fri).